Every business and company out there is looking to become profitable. New technology and software are a great way for industries to stay on top of their game and make more money – one such technology is quantum computing!
Quantum computing uses quantum algorithms in order to help computers work faster. Such algorithms can get through information much faster, leading to quick and accurate results. Today, many industries and businesses side towards quantum computing for their work in order to become more efficient and accurate.
However, not all businesses need quantum computing to be successful. Here is a list of industries and companies that could really profit from quantum computing according to Quantum News:
- Cryptography – Cryptography is the industry most associated with quantum computing. Classic computers use hard-to-break encryption with large prime number factorization. With quantum computing, this encryption becomes even harder to break through. Quantum computing helps the cryptography industry become more profitable as it helps provide even stronger online protection.
- Weather Forecasting – To predict the weather, you would need to consider many factors, such as temperature, air pressure, and air density. If you were to use a classic computer with a classic algorithm, it would take a lot of time to compute all these factors in order to get a forecast on time. By using quantum computing, weather forecasting agencies can get weather predictions much faster for their audience.
- Aviation – Quantum technology is used by aviation companies such as Airbus in order to create even more complex computer models. Such models can be used to improve route plans and scheduling, which can save companies a lot of money later on.
- Medical Research – Quantum computing is a great way for medical researchers and pharmaceutical companies to cut down on the time it takes them to produce medications and treatments. Before quantum computing, this type of research would take over 10 years; but now, quantum computing can help such researchers create models to understand the effects of any medication or treatment they propose even before the research begins. This helps to cut down time and costs.
- Self-driving cars – Companies like Apple, Tesla, and Google, are working towards developing self-driving cars; such cars can cut down on pollution, increase the standard of living for most, and reduce congestion on the roads. Quantum computing is an amazing way to help such companies develop elements such as the self-driving technology, the battery, and the mapping of routes. Such computing will help create a more efficient product that will help consumers reap all the benefits.